Stringent regulatory requirements of operation of biosafety labs and are based on a four-tiered risk classification system that ranges from no or low individual and community risk (BSL-1), to high individual and community risk (BSL-4). Containment filtration systems are essential to ensuring the safety of biosafety lab personnel, the community, and the environment.
Addressing Risks Associated with Biotechnology Research
- Research with pathogenic agents, such as virus, parasites, bacterial microorganisms, or genetic modified organisms, has potential biological risk – not only for people, but also for the environment due to their unpredictable behavior.
- Concern for biosafety is generated in part by the emergence of new diseases or re-emergence of diseases that were already under control.
- Biotechnology laboratories require biosafety measures designed to protect their staff, the population, and the environment.
Containment Filtration Protects Against Hazardous Biological Agents and Infectious Pathogens
Biological risk can be reduced and controlled by the correct application of internationally recognized procedures such as:
- Proper microbiological techniques
- Adequate facilities
- Protective barriers
- Special training
- Education of laboratory workers
- Proper containment apparatus, such as complete containment air filtration systems
Critical Biotechnology Filtration Expertise
AAF Asia specializes in the design, manufacturing, and testing of complete, custom containment filtration systems that incorporate ULPA filters with maximum filtration efficiency in compliance with the needed regulations for BSL levels. This creates a virtually particulate-free (cleanroom) lab environment to prevent product contamination. Our containment filtration systems also filter and contain harmful microbes, eliminating them from the exhausted air.
AAF Asia’s ULPA Filters
At AAF Asia, our ULPA filters are designed to meet the specific needs of laboratory environments and remove indoor air pollutants. Our filters are made with a variety of different materials, including aluminum, stainless steel, and polypropylene. This allows us to offer a wide range of filter options for different laboratory applications. For example, the MEGAcel III ePTFE/eFRM is a pharmaceutical-grade eFRM Filtration Technology media that has been proven to be more durable than microglass and delivers superior performance!
Visit AAF Asia today for more ULPA filters that can be used to maintain acceptable indoor air quality levels. Our team of experts can help you find the right filter for your specific laboratory needs and form a healthy indoor environment. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services!